Sunday, January 22, 2012

Big changes, maybe

Hey everyone, it's been a long time. I realize that my posts disappeared abruptly. Allow me to explain. Towards the end of the summer, I got involved more in work and had for my free time had to choose between blogging and other stuff. I first chose mostly other stuff, thinking that I would get back to blogging later, but then I kept putting it off for so long that it just slipped to the back of my mind.

I'll let you know how my decision turned out. I decided not to move to Switzerland. Although there are some nice things there, I feel too closely tied with my own American culture/customs/environment/lifestyle to abandon it for a completely different one. That's not to say that I don't enjoy international travel; I rather do. I would just prefer to do it for one, maybe two weeks at a time, and try to change it up in terms of where I go.

You may be wondering why I am returning to this blog now. Well, I happen to be at CERN for the next few weeks and I was reminded of it. There is also another decision that I am in the process of making that I felt belonged on the internet, a much more significant decision than this one. I am currently deciding whether or not to continue with my phd. I have been thinking a lot recently on what I want to do with my life (I know, this is a good 3-4 years overdue) and have begun to realize that a hd may not be in my best self interest, both in terms of my career options and quality of life. Since this is not particularly relevant to the living situation of this blog, I will probably start another one for this topic (don't worry, I'll include a link once I get it set up). This will not be an easy decision to make, but I think it would help if I were to write my though processes out. In the off chance that someone actually reads that blog and decides to comment, I will have advice to take into consideration.

So yeah, that's what I'm doing now. I'll try to get that blog up within the week. Hope you will enjoy.

P.S. I realize I did not include much humor in this. This decision is a very serious one though. I have also been a little depressed lately for a few reasons, so I'm not exactly feeling very funny right now. Hopefully I'll be back to my goofy self soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment